"Unitialized disk entity" after upgrade to FC7?

Bob St John bob at stjohn.name
Mon Nov 19 20:42:02 UTC 2007

Folks,

I upgraded from FC6 to FC7 and many applications that I had on FC6 fail
to start on FC7.

I apparently have some uninitialized disk partitions:

/dev/sda1 = / root (EXT3)
/dev/sda2 = Unmounted Windows XP partition (dual boot system)
/dev/sda3 = Unmounted EXT3 partition
/dev/sda4 = Unmounted SWAP partition

I suspect that /etc/fstabs is important in this case:

LABEL=/                 /                   ext3    defaults        1 1
devpts                  /dev/pts            devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
tmpfs                   /dev/shm            tmpfs   defaults        0 0
proc                    /proc               proc    defaults        0 0
sysfs                   /sys                sysfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/sda4               swap                swap    defaults        0 0

What is the problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks . . .

Bob St. John