Execute a command before mounting what's in /etc/fstab - how?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Nov 20 14:52:11 UTC 2007

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

> Chris G wrote:

IMHO, if you need something to run before a filesystem can be mounted,
then that mount doesn't belong in /etc/fstab.  /etc/fstab should
philosophically refer to only those filesystems that can be mounted
normally during the boot procedure without any funny hackery.

if you need something out of the ordinary done first, put it in a
later startup script somewhere, as others have suggested.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

http://crashcourse.ca