Fonts (Firefox/Windows & Firefox/Linux)

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 23:30:20 UTC 2007

Hello guys,

I enabled subpixel-hinting by:

1) installing the freetype-freeworld package
2) configuring it KDE wise (KDE Control Center)
3) configuring it GNome wise (gnome-control-center)
4) configuring it in Firefox (about:config)

I got everything (KDE and Gnome) set to 96 dpi and I installed the MS core
fonts. However, I still can't make certain pages look like they do in
Windows.  Here are some screenshots of the same page in Windows (with
Cleartype enabled) and Linux.

how it looks on Windows:
http://tinyurl.com/ynmhmg

Firefox setting on Windows:
http://tinyurl.com/2bxku6

how it looks on Linux:
http://tinyurl.com/yptft2

Firefox settings on Linux:
http://tinyurl.com/yu32zf

Please notice the fonts at the left side how bad they look on the Linux shot.
How can I make them look like on Windows? Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!
Jorge