Issues with Livna Nvidia Drivers

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 02:08:29 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 14:47 -0700, Robin Laing wrote:
> Ric Moore wrote:
> > On Sun, 2007-11-25 at 22:36 -0700, Jamie Larson wrote:
> >> I'm having issues with a game I recently purchased (Ankh) and the
> >> Nvidia Driver (Unacceptable Framerates). It seems like the issue stems
> >> from the manner in which the driver is installed (Livna Repository
> >> versus Nvidia's own Binary).
> >
> > Did either of them work? Which one? Thanx, Ric
>
> I found that the freshrpms one worked the best for me.  I tried the
> three different packages on my F7 machine.

Ah... ok. I know of Livna, Freshrpm, the Fedora plain vanilla nv
supplied one and the binary package straight from nVidia's website. The
nv Fedora supplied one has no acceleration. The other three do.

That would have been my suggestion., but you already have it figured
out! I wasn't sure what you meant by "Nvidia's own Binary", which is why
I asked. Enjoy! Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar