networkmanager

Matthew Saltzman mjs at CLEMSON.EDU
Thu Nov 29 02:53:15 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 17:33 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 17:00 +0100, Jorge Boscan Etura wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > How can I disable/configure nm-applet for no to ask for a pass keyring thing?
> >
> > thanks--
> You don't say what version of NM you are using. But for now NM can't be
> used without entering the passphrase.

All versions of NM use the keyring, but I believe the OP is objecting to
the fact that the keyring password needs to be entered the first time
the keyring is accessed after login.  This is a keyring issue, not a NM
issue.

There used to be a package called pam-keyring that you could install and
configure so that, if the keyring and login passwords were the same, no
keyring prompt would be required.  In F8, that functionality was to be
replaced by gnome-keyring-pam.  That package is there, but it doesn't
seem to work reliably yet.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences