Is Beagle a Good Thing?

Bruce Byfield bbyfield at axion.net
Thu Nov 29 22:40:14 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 15:26 +0000, dexter wrote:

> > I don't recall ever starting beagled,
> > and it does not seem to be listed by chkconfig.

> > What exactly does it do?

"Teaches users bad habits," is my first response. Beagle, like Tracker,
is designed for people who dump everything into the top level of their
home directory, instead of organizing them into meaningful folders. If
you've taken the time to organize yourself, then apps like Beagle and
Tracker seem a large committment of resources just to accomodate people
who won't learn good work habits. ;-)

--
Bruce Byfield 604-421-7177
Burnaby, BC, Canada