FC7 on my lappy, F8 dvd in drive, fresh powerup

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Nov 30 02:17:26 UTC 2007

On Thursday 29 November 2007, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>Gene Heskett writes:
>> HP-dv5120us, amd turion 64 bit cpu, gig of ram, 100 GB drive.
>> It gets to the bit about skipping the media test (it already passed that
>> several times previously on this dvd)
>>
>> then I get a blue screen with the prompts across the bottom, and a
>>
>> "Welcome to Fedora for 386"
>>
>> across the top, and it sits there.  And it does this regardless of the
>> mode I choose to do the install/upgrade.
>>
>> Whats Next?
>
>Well, try booting with "nohz=off noapic". That worked for me on one cranky
>laptop.

Must have been the magic twanger,, it ran anaconda and now says
"Welcome to Fedora" in a white window with an "OK" center screen.  Got through
keyboard and language, then told it to skip the boot loader update as it dual
boots to xp too.  Trying to do an update in text mode. dependencies will
probably give it an upset tummy.

I recall seeing the figure 27% as a place it got stuck too, from previous
posts, but its made it to 36% now...  About 1.5% a minute, HD led never goes
off.  Looks like the starter pistol must have fired, I'll be back if any more
gotcha's show up.

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene