[OT]Re: Windows XP Sucks!

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Nov 30 20:55:00 UTC 2007

Craig White wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 10:54 -0600, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>> <more off topic>
>> All this talk about Word Star tempts me to dig out my CP/M machine
>> out of storage, and connect it to a serial port on my Linux machine.
>> I have Word Star installed on the hard drive. (Along with a bunch of
>> other stuff.) I could transfer it over the the Linux box and play
>> with the CP/M emulator. (Yes, I do have a 20M MFM hard drive
>> connected to a Z-80 based CP/M system.)
>> </more off topic>
> ----
> leave it all in the closet...
>
> yum install joe
>
> for those who miss ^K^W
>
> Craig

I already have it installed. It is the idea of playing with the CP/M
system again, and maybe moving some of the software to my Linux
system that is tempting. Then again, I should probably archive all
the 5-1/4" floppies while I still have a drive that reads them. I
have so 5-1/4" 96tpi double-density drives and floppies. I guess I
could teach Linux to read the floppies in a 5-1/4" high-density
drive. (Data rate of a 360K floppy but the track spacing of a 1.2M
floppy - the same format as a 720k 3-1/2" floppy.)

Mikkel