Market share: Windows vs Linux vs Mac vs ??

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Mon Sep 3 20:38:25 UTC 2007

Eric wrote:

> Any of you know that the latest breakdown in market share is for general
> personal computer operating systems between Windows, Linux, Macintosh,
> and ??

About a year ago I remember reading an article that had some statistics
on OS's installed on desktops. Apparently it was news because the number
of desktop linux users had exceeded the number of desktop Mac OS *
users. IIRC it stated 90% Windows, 5% Linux, 4% Mac and 1% everything
else. Seriously though I would take those figures with a pinch of salt,
they're likely to be wildly inaccurate because I don't think it's a
metric that can measured with any real accuracy for a ton of reasons.

--
Ian Chapman.