list of wireless device supported

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 4 12:34:23 UTC 2007

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Ian Malone wrote:

> On 03/09/07, Jacques B. <jjrboucher at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I don't believe it is, but ndiswrapper packaged for F7 is available
> > > from both the Freshrpms <http://freshrpms.net/> and
> > > Livna <http://rpm.livna.org/rlowiki/> repositories.
> > >
> > Thanks Ian.  Next weekend that I don't have higher priority items on
> > the go I'll make my move to F7.  Sadly that probably won't be for at
> > least 2-3 weeks yet.
>
> You're welcome.  Be aware ndiswrapper is not guaranteed
> to work even if it is available.

i mostly missed the first part of this discussion but, if you're
working with a broadcom chipset, i documented what i did to get
wireless working on a couple gateway laptops of mine here, both under
F7 and F8-t1:

http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Broadcom_wireless_on_Fedora

it's not complete, and it certainly doesn't cover things like getting
encryption working (still fighting with that), but it's a start.  if
you have more content you'd like to suggest, drop me an email and i
can add it.

rday
Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA