changing intrd

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu Sep 6 00:37:43 UTC 2007

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 17:48:36 -0600
> Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:
>

>> Bullshit Craig!
>>

> You know, Karl, you do have a lovely way of expressing yourself.  Everyone here
> still loves you, just because of your winning ways.  Your thank-yous and
> the gratitude that you express when people provide assistance to you is just
> overwhelming.
>

>> If I just reload F7 then I am stuck with 200 updates and
>> several days getting the whole thing running again.
>>

> And you have been how many days (and how many threads) horsing around with dd
> and the like, to get to this point where you (apparently) have nothing working
> at all.
>

>> All your above is about old Linux so you know NOTHING about F7.
>>

> Your whole message speaks for itself, really.

    Sorry Frank but I have been all afternoon trying to get the kernel
panic fixed. I looked at man initd and will file a bug on what is there.
Nothing at all is current. I was then told about mkinitd and thought
this will work. It does work but not on my problem. My problem is that I
do not know what I have on my new computer. I can't write anything to
/etc/modprobe.conf because I can't. Now mkinitrd can do nothing because
it says the latest f7 kernel has no modules.

    I'm just too ignorant to understand all this. But it sure tells me
all the work I went to making a copy of this f7 is worthless! To anyone
who wants to copy their Linux to another hard drive and put that in
another computer might as well stop now. There is zero ways to make it work.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User