Updates available, what do they do?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Sep 7 15:55:25 UTC 2007

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 14:47:03 +0100, Chris Jones
<jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

>Hmm, sounds like you where unlucky. Out of interest, what are the
>version numbers of the two kernels you now have, the one that works and
>the one which does not (grub.conf should tell you this).

vmlinuz-2.6.22.4-65.fc7    new kernel, does not work
vmlinuz-2.6.21-1.3194.fc7  old working kernel

>One other minor comment.
>
>I don't know why you chose Fedora, and certainly I do not wish to put
>you of using it !, but you should be aware that fedora is a distro that
>changes fast. As you have seen you get a lot of updates...

Well, I selected it since I knew it was maintained by RedHat as their
open offering...
And because there were so many reports that it could not be done in
VPC2007, which I have now disproved sort of.

Bo Berglund