ATI video comes out of the closet

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Sep 7 17:49:30 UTC 2007

Chris Jones wrote:
>> I have never had much luck with the Livna rpms.  It may be because of the
>> "legacy" status of my video card or it may be something else.
>>
>> My usual method for building it is to get to init level 3.  Build the
>> commercial driver and reboot.  You also have to rebuild every time you
>> upgrade your kernel or the X OpenGL components.
>>

> livna also have the legacy drivers - using it right now just fine.
>
> I would always recommend an rpm based install over the regular nvidia
> installer any day, just my personal opinion - has far to my issues with the
> nvidia installer in the past.
>
> Chris

    The rpm from yum install to my new computer with nVidia hardware was
a huge success. I no longer have a queer looking screen and everything
works. You can get the info from:

http://rpm.livna.org/rlowiki/LivnaSwitcher

    Try it and let us know how it works on your computer.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User