Ideas

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Sep 7 23:28:34 UTC 2007

    For many years my Fedora has been in one partition off the /. This
list has convinced me that it makes real sense to put /boot and /home
into their own partitions. Now I am thinking about doing that.

    For /boot it needs no special connection to the main partition. It
has all this in it's grub.conf and initrd files. All you need to do is
retrain grub to goto the new partition. That is simple from a Rescue cd.

    Now /home is different. It will be in a new partition and connected
to the main F7 by /ect/fstab entry. Not sure what that will look like.
Maybe like this if /home is in /dev/sda7 the entery in fstab would be:

/dev/sda7         /home        ext3      defaults      0  0

    Is any of this correct?

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User