ATI video comes out of the closet

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Sep 9 14:42:38 UTC 2007

On Sat, Sep 08, 2007 at 15:22:41 -0500,
  Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't have it until someone bundles the set I want, or teaches a
> package manager to install more than one version of an application on a
> machine at a time.  But apparently it hasn't occurred to anyone else
> that a distribution that contained firefox 2.x and didn't crash after
> updates would be desirable.  So I have to keep repeating it.

Have you tested mixing rpms from Centos and Fedora? There might be enough
headaches trying to get this to work that it ends up not being worthwhile;
but if things aren't too bad it might work OK for you.

You might also be able to do something on the source level, pulling some
stuff from Redhat and other stuff from Fedora and using the open tools to
build your own distro. If you pull out some trademarks, then you could
distribute it and try to recruit other people to help with the work.