Way way OT with a brain cramp problem about a British TV show.

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Mon Sep 10 04:45:30 UTC 2007

Hi All;

I don't belong to any general chat lists; and I need a British and/or
international audience.

Does anybody remember the name of a TV show from England, 10 to 15 years
ago, set in a late '50s or early '60s office where the main character
was a young man who kept daydreaming of early rock 'n roll songs.  The
story line would get interrupted while the whole cast would break into a
song and dance number.

Probably BBC; could have been ITV;
We saw it in Canada in the 90's.
I think it was also on PBS.
Only about six shows made.

Haven't thought about it in years so maybe mixing up my recollection a
bit.  Came up in conversation over supper; produced a great many "Yes,
yes, I remember that. O what was its name?"  Now have three independent
Internet searches going on in the house, but nobody can remember quite
enough to do a proper search.
--
Regards Bill