linux acroread 8?

Jacques B. jjrboucher at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 22:12:54 UTC 2007

On 9/10/07, Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu> wrote:
>    Has anyone heard if Adobe is ever going to provide a
> port of Acrobat Reader 8 for Linux? The only thing I could
> find was this vague hint of a release later this year on...
>
> http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/faq/
>
> although that refers to their Adobe Digital Editions
> instead of Acrobat Reader. Thanks in advance for
> any information on this topic.
>             Jack
I haven't heard anything either way.  However I use FoxIt over on the
Windows side.  They also have a Linux version
(http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/desklinux/) however I haven't tried
it as I have been using the default PDF reader included with Fedora on
my Linux machines.  I know FoxIt loads a lot faster than Adobe Reader
on the Windows side.  I expect the Linux version would be equally
better than an Adobe Reader for Linux.

Jacques B.