Sound in Fedora7 on a VPC2007 virtual machine?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Sep 11 16:05:30 UTC 2007

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:29:53 +0100, Chris Jones
<jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

>>> And aplay -Dhw:0,0 some.wav to see if alsa sound is working.
>>
>> I assume that you are not saying there should be a file named
>> "some.wav", right?
>
>yes
>

>> On a freshly installed Fedora7 box where nothing else has been done,
>> where can one find a wav file to use as a test?
>> I have no connectivity over to my Windows box except the virtual PC
>> window I am using to run the guest operating system in.
>> I hade to type the above result from the screen to this message for
>> instance.
>
>There will be one somewhere. Welcome to the find command
>
>  > cd /
>  > find . -name "*.wav"

Thanks, with this find command I now found a lot of wav files, so I
tested the command above with some openoffice sample files.
They all can be heard fine :-)
But the play ends in some error saying that a file cannot be written.

Anyways I know that sound is actually happening, only need to find out
why the Sounds application cannot play anything.

Bo Berglund