Entering an already opened session

Javier Perez pepebuho at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 07:54:24 UTC 2007

Hi
This is not a strictly Fedora issue but I do not even know where or how to
begin to ask.

I was troubleshooting my MythTV which runs on F7 when my keyboard died on me
(wireless one).

I could vnc from another desktop but it would open a new display ( :1
instead of :0 ). I know there are ways
to setup vnc to make you open :0 but that is not my question.

My question is, knowing already that I have a session open in :0, how can I
from :1 interact with my
session in :0 ? You see if I try to run mythfrontend from vnc it would run
on :1 instead of :0.
Conversely, how could I tell mythfrontend to run on :0 if I am on display :1
?

I skimmed through X, and xterm but did not see any clue, and google gave me
a lot of
unrelated web pages because I know I am not asking it the right question.

I appreciate whatever insight you could provide me with

Thanks

--
/\_/\
|O O|  pepebuho at pananet.com