yum not working today? Works for me!

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sun Sep 16 22:06:36 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt wrote:

>>> Where is the proof?
>> I don't know what "proof" you want,
>
> Proof that the OP looks at the same "fedora update server" that Yum
> looks at, and that the 2.6.20 kernel is installed as an RPM package
> actually. There are "rpm" and "yum list" commands to do that.

Because yum doesn't show which mirror it is connecting to by default, it
might be helpful for Francois to:
yum -d 15 update
and while it is downloading the metadata/headers, netstat -t to see
where the active tcp connections are made to. Or packet capture using
wireshark.

 From memory the mirrorlist will give different results for each yum
run, and yum by default randomizes the list that the mirrorlist
provides, so that it is difficult to know which mirror was contacted.

DaveT.