bcm43xx and kernel-2.6.22.5-76.fc7

Jeff Stewart bvmunix at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 00:31:46 UTC 2007

On 9/19/07, Martin Marques <martin at bugs.unl.edu.ar> wrote:

> My WIFI:
>
> 03:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN
> Mini-PCI Card (rev 01)
>
> [root at localhost ~]# uname -r
> 2.6.22.5-76.fc7
>
> firmware v4
>
> Excellent results. With earlier versions I couldn't get better the 11M
> connections.
>
> What version of firmare are you using? I heard thet version 3 doesn't
> work anymore. You also need the new fwcutter.

Well, I'm using version 3 and I was actually able to get things working by
following the directions in
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2007-August/msg04257.html

So I'm now back in business.  I tried using the v4 firmware some months ago,
and it just didn't work for me.  Maybe I'll revisit that.  But for now, all
is well again.  Running at 24 Mb/s.
--
Jeff Stewart