CHROOT Tutorial?

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 20 14:59:26 UTC 2007

Charles Curley wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 02:39:16PM -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
>
>>Charles Curley wrote:
>>
>>>Por favor, Senores, would the two of you be so kind as to make this
>>>available in English and Spanish as a Linux Documentation Project
>>>document? http://www.tldp.org/
>>
>>Are you asking one or both of us to make a translation?
>

> An English translation would be nice. I just wanted to get both of you
> thinking in terms of making generally useful documents available.

I don't know enough about chroot to contribute. I know enough
Spanish and English to make a translation. I'd need permission.
Also, I wonder whether the jail described is adequate. I've seen
more documents about jails, and have seen two ways to break
out if one runs as root in the jailed environment.

Anyway, I found his document useful and instructive.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.