How best get rid of SELinux?

Res res at ausics.net
Fri Sep 21 06:24:56 UTC 2007

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> If SELinux was such an "terrific and compelling approach", upstream
> Linux and other distros would have adopted it _years ago_ with standing
> ovations - Fact is: Nobody did.
> => This is developers and maintainers having doubts on SELinux.
>
> Ralf

Well put. Most of us in charge of ISP's, OSP's etc, wont touch it,
because it has given many people in many companies, in many places around
the world, many headaches, which I guess is why most DC's I've known to
run RH, have all but 1 dumped it in moves to either Slackware or Debian,
and if the suggestion made by someone that Debian is going the same way,
then they will see an exodus as well going by trends on whats discussed at
BBQ's on Saturday afternoos, they need to remember, senior network
managers/engineers from competing networks in same cities tend to all know
each other, and we all have many get-togethers, it only takes one
person to mention a problem with a certain bit of software, even if just
as a passing comment, it tends to stay in our minds, we will never make
more work for ourselves than we already have.

--

Cheers
Res