How best get rid of SELinux?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Sep 21 07:17:14 UTC 2007

Res wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Sep 2007, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>
>> Selinux is another layer of security, it isn't a replacement of any
>> security layers, I see no reason why anyone feels such apparently
>> hostility to this piece of technology.
>
> and its a PITA, stopping many things working, we dont have time to sit
> in front of a newly built server and spend an hour telling the thing its
> "safe" blah blah blah, its one of the reasons the fedora desktops on
> internal lan in still FC1 because its stable, although, by default we
> dont use half of RH's installed stuff on the desktops, we use the real
> sendmails, real firefox's real openoffices, real evolutions, real
> kernels , real mplayer and other multimedia stuff that plays the formats
> WE want not what RH decides we should use, and so on and so on.

I think you may be forgetting the reason why Fedora and/or Red Hat doesn't
supply support for certain formats.  But I think you know that it isn't
because it is something RH has decided.  Probably shouldn't be spreading FUD
on Friday evenings.  Also, I pity that folks at your BBQ discuss software.

--
"In the face of entropy and nothingness, you kind of have to pretend it's not
there if you want to keep writing good code."  -- Karl Lehenbauer