How best get rid of SELinux?

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Sep 21 11:44:20 UTC 2007

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On 9/21/07, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
>
>> Notably if you disable SELinux, files will no longer be properly labelled when
>> they are created. So that if you later try to turn it back on, you will need
>> to do a complete relabel.
>>

> Even then, doesn't restorecond automatically pickup the mislabeling eventually?

    This whole thing reads to me that SELinux is the linux version of
Norton or Avguard  to Windows. It will capture and keep the offending
file from doing it's worst.

    My friends with Windows cuss both software because it makes a mess
out of doing normal things like installing new software.

    There are very few Linux users. There are millions of Windows users.
A guy writing a virus will write it for Windows every time! Now days
they are spending time in prison.

    So I decided to turn off SELinux even though it was not the thing to
do according to the loader. I am glad I did so. I don't need the Norton
problem on my F7.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User