How best get rid of SELinux?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Sep 22 04:41:28 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 05:44 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>     This whole thing reads to me that SELinux is the linux version of
> Norton or Avguard  to Windows. It will capture and keep the offending
> file from doing it's worst.
>
>     My friends with Windows cuss both software because it makes a mess
> out of doing normal things like installing new software.

Unless there's a serious fault, SELinux doesn't prevent you from
installing software, nor prevent things from working properly.  It does
prevent things from working abnormally.  And doesn't get in the way in
the normal run of things.

I can't say the same for protective software on Windows.  It frequently
does break the normal behaviour of the system.

>     So I decided to turn off SELinux even though it was not the thing
> to do according to the loader. I am glad I did so. I don't need the
> Norton problem on my F7.

Interpretation of the above:  I know nothing about this, therefore I
will denigrate and ignore it.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.5-76.fc7 i686 i386