How best get rid of SELinux?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Sep 24 17:04:37 UTC 2007

Beartooth wrote:

> 	Well, I tried both again -- and they're still geek to me. I feel
> like a kid doing well in high school geometry who has picked up a third-
> year college calculus text, and found himself being told to derive all
> the formulae in Peirce's Tables. Yaaa, shuuure ...

I don't think you actually read the FAQ at
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/selinux-faq-fc5/ to a good extend since it
already answers this but I will explain again.

Go to System => Administration => Firewall and SELinux. Enter your root
password. Go to the third tab labeled SELinux, change the SELinux
setting from Permissive to Enforcing and reboot the system.

If you want to do the same from the command line

edit /etc/sysconfig/selinux and change SELINUX=permissive to enforcing

# touch /.autorelabel
# reboot

If you didn't understand anything about this process, ask.

Rahul