dial-up networking

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Sep 24 17:58:20 UTC 2007

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 04:25:37 -0700,
  Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> This really is something weird for the Fedora developers to see.
> Please have a look at it and make my life easier.

You haven't provided information that is going to be of much help.
You need to isolate where the problem is. The minicom suggestion was
a good one. That allows you to test out your modem and make sure it
can dial out and connect. You can't test the PPP network connection there,
but at least you can establish that the modem is working properly.

/var/log/messages may also have some useful information as a few things
dealing with setting up the ppp connection will probably be logged there.
(I use pppd which may be a bit different than kppp, but I would still expect
to see some stuff logged in /var/log/messages.)