OT: Use Thunderbird to pick up ROOT Mail?

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 24 21:51:56 UTC 2007

Jacques B. wrote:

> Mike, didn't my previous messages on this make the list?  I provided a
> solution using Evolution followed by an apparent solution using
> Thunderbird.  I've seen your replies to the others, but not mine so
> either my messages aren't making the list or you've missed them.
>
> The one correction to my suggestion would be using the mail forward
> option rather than changing permissions or setting up a cron job to
> copy root mail to another user.  I was not aware of that option until
> it was mentioned in this thread.
>
> Jacques B.

Ok, I've installed 2.0.0.6, and it has a few problems.
First, the little marker for threads is weird, and I suspect
incorrect.
Second, it's displaying messages in a light grey, rather
than the darkish color I'm accustomed to.
Third, the "folders" are on their sides.

Weird.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.