[Fedora] Attachment Size and Memory limit with php and FC6 System

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Fri Sep 28 14:37:17 UTC 2007

    From your conf.php, it states:

       $conf['compose']['attach_size_limit'] = '10485760';

    ...which means you have an attachment allowable size of 10 MB.  So
unless you're screwing with something else elsewhere, this should allow
you to send attachments up to 10 MB per message.  If all else fails,
restart the httpd server and try again.

    Now the next line:

       $conf['compose']['attach_count_limit'] = '10485760';

    ...you don't really want someone to be able to attach 10,485,760
files to a message, do you?  And if that's really the case, set it to
zero, which means 'unlimited'.

    This gives me the impression that you're changing things in your
configuration without really understanding what they do or what the
ramifications might be.  I suggest you spend some time reading up on the
various configuration settings before you actually start changing them
and/or even using the system.  Many, if not all, of your questions can
(and would have been) answered if you simply read, both the
documentation on Horde/IMP, as well as the various replies that you've
received from this list, from the PHP list, and lately from the Horde
and IMP lists.

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6