openoffice command line printing...

Kevin Martin kevintm at ameritech.net
Tue Jun 3 19:18:12 UTC 2008

What I'm trying to do is convert a bunch of Excel files to PDF.  I can open the Excel files in oocalc and export to PDF but I've
been reading that you can do this same thing by using Cups-PDF and "soffice -pt "Cups-PDF" file.xls' and it will fire up oocalc and,
essentially, use the Cups-PDF "printer" to save the file out as a .pdf file.  Well, that's not working for me.  I never get an
output file when I run the command from the command line and I can't figure out why.  I'm running on Fedora 8 with the latest
openoffice, cups, cups-pdf rpms for that platform.  Can somebody else try on their end and see if it works for them?  FWIW, "soffice
-p file.xls" doesn't print my file to the default printer either.

Thanks.

Kevin