Rhythmbox and Exaile Silent

das dasd.here at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 13:16:53 UTC 2008

On Sat, 31 May 2008 12:34:43 +0530
das <dasd.here at gmail.com> wrote:

> After last night's update, both on the laptop and the desktop
> Rhythmbox and Exaile on Fedora 9 can't play audio anymore. And on
> both the machines 'mplayer' (compiled) can play them.

With every update the system is getting insaner and insaner ...

Rhythmbox and Exaile were gone, now even goodbye to compiled 'mplayer',
at least partly.

Today, the mplayer's audio too got silent, when I tried to play a
movie. The error message was about pulse-audio. I erased pulse-audio,
after that, the audio is restored, but, not on Xfce, only in Gnome.
Maybe I will have to compile mplayer once again.

Though 'alsa-mixer' is running as 'root', it is not running as user.
'xfce4-mixer' is showing a morose gray blankness. Sad and silent days
for Xfce.

Even 'switchdesk' to xfce is not working. Even after that startx is
bringing in Gnome. Only 'startxfce4' can start Xfce.

It seems God really is spelled with a 'G', at least no 'X' there.

--
das
ddts.randomink.org