Mounting an NFS volume

Francois frmas at free.fr
Mon Jun 2 09:50:09 UTC 2008

Hi,
I installed Fedora 9 on my laptop, and I got lots of problem with KDE. So
for the first time, I switched to Gnome, and it works like a charm. I'm
discovering it, and I have lots of questions about it, but with tests and
time, it will be ok I guess.
My pb is with NFS.
I have setted up the laptop to get its IP using DHCP. It works wireless
(wifi).
My second computer (main) is connected to the router with a fixed IP
address, and using cable.
I run an NFS server on both computers to be able to mount one from the
other. When I used a fixed IP address on my laptop, it worked fine. But
now I use DHCP, I can't mount an NFS volume of the laptop from my main
computer (but I can ping it with no pb). It works fine when I mount an NFS
volume of my main computer from the laptop.

Firewall is disabled, and SELinux est in permissive mode.
The /etc/exports file looks like that :
/                *.celtes.com(sync,rw,no_root_squash)
/boot            *.celtes.com(sync,rw,no_root_squash)
/etc             *.celtes.com(sync,rw,no_root_squash)
/home            *.celtes.com(sync,rw,no_root_squash)
/opt             *.celtes.com(sync,rw,no_root_squash)
/usr             *.celtes.com(sync,rw,no_root_squash)
/usr/local       *.celtes.com(sync,rw,no_root_squash)
/usr/local/misc  *.celtes.com(sync,rw,no_root_squash)
/var             *.celtes.com(sync,rw,no_root_squash)

The /etc/resolv.conf file is handled by NetworkManager, and is written that
way :
# generated by NetworkManager, do not edit!
nameserver 192.168.0.1

So, is it something impossible when using DHCP ?
Thank you. Francois