Compiling samba error's

Collen Blijenberg collen at hermanjordan.nl
Mon Jun 2 10:26:51 UTC 2008

I have some problems when compiling samba from the source on fedora 9.
witch i didn't had with prior verions of Fedora.
already fixed the oplock issue, but the cifs is giving me a headache.

samba 3.0.28a
Fedora core 9
kernel: 2.6.25.3-18
gcc - 4.3.0

first i had an error in oplock_linux.c

------------
:37 error: conflicting types for capget
/usr/include/sys/capability.h:111 previous declaration of capget was here
:39 error: conflicting types for capset
/usr/include/sys/capability.h:110 previous declaration of capset was here
--------------

i removed the capset and capget from this linux file, and it continued
compiling again.
it was a quick and dirty fix. but still odd. (did i misted a library or
so ?!?!?)

after that the make command spit this at me:

mount.cifs.c: in function 'main'
mount.cifs.c: 1183 : error 'PATH_MAX' undeclared (first use in this
function)

dunno how to fix it, but what LIBS did i forget to install here.
or what changed with this new fedora release ?!?!

Cheers, Collen