fetchmail problem: couldn't time-check the run-control file

Henning Larsen hennlar at start.no
Mon Jun 2 14:35:57 UTC 2008

Hi.

I'm running fetchmail from rc.local like this:

   su -c username "/usr/bin/fetchmail -d 60"

In my home directory I have .fetchmailrc with permissons 0710 and
username:username as the owner.

When I boot, or log in as root and run /etc/rc.d/rc.local I get:

   fetchmail: couldn't time-check the run-control file
   fetchmail: lstat: /home/username/.fetchmailrc: Permission denied

I can run fetchmail the same way as I try in rc.local if I run the
command logged in as root.

Any ideas?

Henning Larsen