(fedora) Re: Problems playing audiostreams in F9

Bill Crawford billcrawford1970 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 15:04:32 UTC 2008

2008/6/2 Jouk Jansen <joukj at hrem.nano.tudelft.nl>:

> If they are installed at the "standard" location.
> Actually this is an system which upgraded from F8->F9. When running F8 the
> web-page above just worked. I checked and all installed gstreamer-packages
> are now at F9-level. Or should I install additional packages to get the
> codecs?

Well, have you installed a package of codecs? Those aren't included in
Fedora. If you had them before you must have installed them from
somewhere, either as an rpm package or from a tarball. If you did, did
you have RealPlayer itself (which installs stuff in /usr/local) or
something like the "w32codec" package?