What to call software adder/remover??

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Mon Jun 2 18:13:18 UTC 2008

	I've just filed a bug report on something whose very name seems
to be a problem : gpk? gpk-application? Or what?

	Those two are what you see if you right-click the launcher and
then click Properties. But rpm -q against them comes back "not installed."

	The launcher, is naturally enough, the one that pirut had up
through F8 : a CD or DVD in front of an open, apparently empty cardboard
box.

	Through yesterday, it was launching an app that did indeed let me
add and remove software.

	Clicking it got a window asking for root's password, and then
opened the app -- all as expected.

	Today it popped up an undersized window, too briefly to tell
whether it was a password request -- and them bugbuddy popped one up,
saying it didn't know the app. I let it save its great long report (which
seems to concern mainly some 164 "modules," whatever those are) to my
desktop; it calls itself gpk-application-bugreport.txt.

	But on going to https://bugzilla.redhat.com/relogin.cgi (where I
filed report 449453), I failed to find the name gpk, alone or with suffix.

	The failure may be mine -- all the more likely inasmuch as I also
failed to see a way to attach the bugbuddy report, other than by copying
and pasting it.

	What should I have looked under??

Fedora 8 & 9; Alpine 1.10, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6;
Dillo 0.8.6, Galeon 2.0.3, Epiphany 2.20, Opera 9.27, Firefox 2.0