Fedora 9 & runlevel 3

Bob Barrett bobbrrtt at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 2 18:21:11 UTC 2008

Tom Horsley wrote:
>> Thanks, guys, but it's not in /boot/grub/grub.conf. I'm sorry I didn't
>> list every file I've looked at, but I have looked at everything in
>> /etc/rc.d. I ran these commands:
>>

> But startup is now being done via "upstart". You also need to poke around
> in /etc/event.d for possible culprits :-).

I have checked /etc/event.d.

Thanks for the reminder about "upstart". /etc/inittab still exists and
says that it handles only the default runlevel, but
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Upstart says " Still reliant on
inittab for runlevel settings - *Won't fix".

*O.K.... I'll look some more.

I'm going to be out for a few hours, but I'll return to this this evening.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Bob