Can't log into KDE on F9, via nx, after recent updates? Error message about kstartupconfig4.

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Mon Jun 2 20:46:11 UTC 2008

> Mike Burger wrote:
>
>> [mburger at winblows ~]$ cat /etc/ld.so.conf
>> include ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
>> /lib
>> /usr/local/lib
>> /opt/nessus/lib
>
> and /opt/nessus/lib ?  :)

That's the Nessus vulnerability scanner.  It was installed via RPM.

And...oooohhhh....there's libQtGui.so, libQtXml.so...looks to be installed
via the NessusClient package...that may not be good.

Ain't that a bugger...remove the client package, and voila...I can log in,
again!!!

Maybe I'll retry reintstalling the client and then removing that line from
the ld.so.conf file.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org