VIM Q again

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Tue Jun 3 00:17:06 UTC 2008

On 02Jun2008 10:44, Rick Stevens <ricks at nerd.com> wrote:
> So, yes, the Z80 had conditional relative jumps.  It also had that nice
> set of secondary registers...very handy for interrupt processing.

The PDP-11s had secondary registers too. Under V7 UNIX, they weren't used for
interrupts, and indeed weren't used at all by the OS software.  We wrote a
little program to put a small message in the alternate registers for a friend
to read later:-)
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Music journalism: People who can't write interviewing people who can't talk
for people who can't read.      - Frank Zappa