No Mic in Fedora 9

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 02:30:33 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Jim <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Thanks for your responds.
> Yes I got to that point, what is the diff. between i-mic and e-mic  ?
> I enabled capture , i-mic , and e-mic and all sliders up no mutes, but still
> no microphone.

My guess: internal mic and external mic. Is this a laptop that might
have a built in microphone?

I know on my system/soundcard there is both a Mic Select and the
ability to select which source to capture from and *also* the ability
to select whether to capute or not at the bottom of the Capture gain
slider. Confusing for sure but flexible.

/Mike