firstboot should ask more questions, like your locale

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 3 15:53:08 UTC 2008

Having just installed Fedora 9, I was faced with either having to
manually set the locale for each user (all the more worse by the
defective GDM which doesn't show the option the first time around), or
install another package to set the default locale for something other
than the inappropriate US locale.

Firstboot should get you to set your default locale, when you do things
like select timezones.  Probably with setting one preselecting the
other.  e.g. Setting Australia/Adelaide should set an Australian locale,
but the next step could change the locale without changing the timezone,
should someone want something else on a mobile computer.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.3-18.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.