Thunderbird

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Jun 3 17:32:53 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 10:21 -0700, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> Couple of problems:
>
> 1) Deleting any item(s) from the folders do not actually remove
>     items from the folders.  It just does not appear in Thurnderbird
>     and subsequently moved into "Trash".  But using a different
>     IMAP client on another system still shows the item but read.
>     Is there a configuration I can set to force a real deletion?
----
This is normal IMAP behavior. IMAP sets 'flags' and when you delete an
e-mail, it's flagged as deleted. You can choose to 'compact' a folder
(file menu), right click on any folder and chose 'compact' or in Account
Settings, you can choose to 'expunge' on exit. Expunge is the normal
lingo for deleting messages that have 'delete flag set on'
----

> 2) I am not able to retrieve the address book from the IMAP
>     server - what do I need to do to make this work?
----
IMAP servers don't generally have anything to do with Address Books.
Perhaps you need to tell us what kind of server you are dealing with.
Perhaps it is an LDAP Address Book that you need to add.

Craig