gecko-mediaplayer - the continuing saga?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Jun 4 02:20:48 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 19:09 -0700, Knute Johnson wrote:
> Mauriat wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 9:49 PM, Knute Johnson
> > <linux at www.knutejohnson.com> wrote:
> >> I did a clean install of F9 on my old laptop.  I installed gecko-mediaplayer
> >> and it still doesn't play what the old mplayerplug-in used to play.  In
> >> addition it blows up firefox.  Any help would be appreciated.
> >>

> > Can you provide some specific test cases so others can try to reproduce?
> >
> > -Mauriat
> >

> Sorry, I should have thought of that.
>
> http://www.kfi640.com/cc-common/ondemand/faq/
>
> On the left side in the white area, click on "Launch Classic Player."
----
that link works for me (the stream) but I can't say for certain that it
was gecko-mediaplayer handling it...how would I know?

I do know that I installed a bunch of xine stuff per earlier
recommendations on the list...

# rpm -qa|grep xine
xine-lib-arts-1.1.12-2.fc9.i386
xine-0.99.5-1.lvn8.i386
totem-xine-2.23.2-2.fc9.i386
xine-lib-extras-1.1.12-2.fc9.i386
xine-lib-extras-nonfree-1.1.12-1.lvn9.i386
gxine-mozplugin-0.5.11-17.fc9.i386
xine-lib-pulseaudio-1.1.12-2.fc9.i386
gxine-0.5.11-17.fc9.i386
xine-lib-1.1.12-2.fc9.i386