Is the single quote character the same as an apostrophe

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 14:48:57 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 13:34 +0930, Tim wrote:
> It's about time keyboards were re-designed.  We've got mostly useless
> arrays of function keys (hardly anybody uses more than the F1 key, in
> the grand scheme of things), yet most of the proper punctuation marks
> are completely absent, and require cryptic and varying techniques to
> type them.

Don't get me started. As someone who lives and works largely in Spanish,
but uses a US keyboard (because typing stuff like '|', '>' or '{' on a
Spanish kb is agony) I live with this on a daily basis.

And as someone who has a "'" in his surname, I also have to deal with
brain-dead web forms written in Visual Basic that don't properly
validate their input. It's an anti-Irish conspiracy I tell you :-)

But that's another story.

poc