Not a Newbie question -- cleaning out printer queues ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Wed Jun 4 16:49:13 UTC 2008

Thanks Mike;

On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 09:19 -0700, Mike Wright wrote:
> William Case wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > This has been annoying me for a long time.  How do I absolutely and
> > certainly clean out all printing queues and buffers after I have botched
> > a printing job?
>
> man lprm

But .. Is not the printer thingie in the notification area not just a
frontend for lprm?

And, by the way, does the printer thingie (icon) in the notification
have a name?

And, if I close the thing (by, say, right-clicking on it in frustration)
how do I get it back?  Why isn't it persistent if there is still jobs
(active or cancelled) in a buffer or queue somewhere?

--
Regards Bill