Slightly OT: Verify certificate?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 4 18:30:39 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 04 June 2008 17:22:21 Brian Morrison wrote:
> > CN=AAA Certificate Services,O-ComodoCA Limited,L=Salford,ST=Greater
> > Manchester,C=GB
> >
> > but I'd assume that it is that same procedure.  So - the question
> > remains, how does one check it?
>
> You will need to import the root certificate used to sign the S/MIME
> signature, this can be done from with KMail.

I see that kleopatra is now importing certificates automatically.  However the
certificate I have for jay.leafey expires tomorrow, so I assume that he is
now using a new one, and that it hasn't proliferated on the keyservers.

All assumptions, but it sounds reasonable.  I've tried

kleopatra --import-certificate
D1:EB:23:A4:6D:17:D6:8F:D9:25:64:C2:F1:F1:60:17:64:D8:E3:49 and

kleopatra --import-certificate jay.leafey

neither of which bring a result.  OTOH, I haven't had a 'not found message
either', so maybe I'm not doing this right

Anne