Logwatch report on another machine?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Jun 4 19:43:50 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 20:33 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Frederick William New wrote:
>
> >> How can I get the logwatch report on one machine (helen.gayleard.com)
> >> sent to another machine (alfred.gayleard.com) on the same LAN?
>
> >> It seems to be more difficult than I thought
> >> to send email from one machine on a LAN to another.
> >> Is there some line I could add to sendmail.mc which would enable this?
> >
> > On my network, I also need to set SMART_HOST in sendmail.mc to the mail
> > relay host provided by my ISP.
>
> Well, I do that anyway.
> But that means all my email is sent to my ISP to deliver.
>
> I want local email to be sent directly.
> I thought
>         mailer(LOCAL)
> in sendmail.mc did this, but it doesn't appear to on my system.
----
in this case, local means local (on the same computer)

as I said, if you want to deliver mail on your local network...you're
gonna have to set up DNS and a system to act as MX for your local
network. Also on that system, you will need to make it a POP3/IMAP
server so you can retrieve mail.

Craig