Sharing CD-ROM over Samba on Fedora 8

Daniel Tweedy daniel.tweedy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 06:40:05 UTC 2008

Thank you for the reply but it didn't work, the problem I think I am
having is one of it not mounting and unmounting the cdrom.

Fedora 8 mounts the cdroms in the /media folder however a folder with
the name of the cdrom shows up there, i.e. say for example I had a cdrom
with the name "FedoraList" I would have /media/FedoraList in that folder
which makes it difficult to share the cdrom drive itself.

Also would it be possible for someone to explain this to me as I didn't
understand it :-

# If you want to run scripts (preexec/root prexec/print command/...) please
# put them into the /var/lib/samba/scripts directory so that smbd will be
# allowed to run them.
# Make sure you COPY them and not MOVE them so that the right SELinux