Sharing CD-ROM over Samba on Fedora 8 *solved*

Daniel Tweedy daniel.tweedy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 07:15:03 UTC 2008

I put this line in my /etc/fstab file

/dev/sr0 /media/cdrom auto pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0

The cdrom doesn't mount on bootup which I believe to be correct due to
the noauto part.

I played around with the samba config and found that the paths I was
using for mount and unmount were incorrect, corrected the paths and now
it mounts and unmounts fine.